YBS SuperQuilt for roofs & walls is the world’s highest performing EN certified reflective multifoil insulation on the market. The product is designed to insulate roofs, walls, floors, loft conversions, conservatories in less space and less time compared to traditional materials like Kingspan or Celotex. This flexible, easy to install, multilayer insulation offers tremendous thermal benefits. The benefit of multifoil insulation is that it is suitable for a range of applications from roof insulation, floor insulation and wall insulation and due to the slim depth, you can save valuable space on your installation.
SuperQuilt is manufactured in the UK using a combination of 19 layers of true aluminium foil, wadding and high density foam.It effectively stops excess heat from entering your roof in the summer and retains internal heat during the winter, keeping your roof at an ambient temperature all year round.
- SuperQuilt is BBA & BDA Certified, approved by NHBC & LABC for Building Control.
- YBS SuperQuilt is Suitable for New Builds and Renovations.
- Highly Reflective True Aluminium Outer Layers.
- Flexible, Thin and Easy to Install.
- SuperQuilt can meet Building Regulations without use of PIR.
- High Performing Vapour Control Layer.
- Save up to 10% in Space and 30% in Cost.
- UK Manufactured by YBS Insulation.
- YBS SuperQuilt has a Class 1 Surface spread of flame Certificate.
- Effective solar over-heating barrier.
- Effective in summer and winter.
- Fast and simple installation.
SuperQuilt has applications in roofs, walls and floors. For roofs, SuperQuilt can be used both over and under rafters as well as between and around purlins. When in accordance with good building practice and fixing instructions it can also be used as a vapour control layer if the joints are sealed with a foil tape. SuperQuilt is easy to fit into timber frames, cavity walls, dry lining and external walls as well as in suspended timber ceilings, crawl spaces and floating timbers too.
- Roll Length: 10m
- Roll Width: 1.5m
- Roll Total Coverage: 15m2
- Roll Thickness: 40mm
- Core Thermal Resistance: 1.52m2K/W
- Fire Resistance: Certified to Class E BSEN 13501-1
- Water Vapour Resistance: 1569 MNs/g
- Tear Resistant.
YBS SuperQuilt Multifoil Insulation is fully LABC, BDA and BBA certified for insulating pitched roofs. It is most often used to the internal side of the rafters before the plasterboard is installed to reduce head height and save on costs. YBS SuperQuilt is the ideal solution for insulating the internal of solid brickwork and concrete block walls. SuperQuilt is fully certified for the use in dry linings and commonly achieves refurbishment regulations without additional insulation. SuperQuilt Re-Roofing Systems often start with YBS BreatherQuilt stapled onto the external of the rafters. BreatherQuilt has a built-in breather membrane, meaning there is no requirement for an additional breathable felt on the rafters. Install BreatherQuilt by rolling out the multifoil at the bottom of the rafters, stapling at intervals of at least 300mm spacing’s, once the first layer is installed, repeat this process with the second layer ensuring there is a horizontal overlap of 100mm minimum.